Are you currently living with way more space than you need? Maybe it’s time to get into something a little smaller and more practical!
Here are 6 tips for downsizing 🏠
1. Start early and start small: Downsizing is not an easy task, so give yourself as much time as possible and tackle smaller spaces.
2. Organize backwards: If you’re not going to have the space in your new home, start going through those spaces. If you’re downsizing from a home to an apartment, start with the garage and the spare bedroom/office you probably won’t have.
3. No duplicates: This usually applies to the kitchen. You don’t need 2 or 3 of everything! Consider donating all the extras you don’t need.
4. Yes or no- no maybes. When it comes to downsizing, it’s either a yes or a no! Think about each of your items carefully, do you use it often or has it been on a shelf collecting dust?
5. Sell things you don’t need. There are so many great ways to sell your items online! Take this opportunity to make some extra cash for things you might need at your new place!
6. Take time to reminisce: Starting early allows more time to reminisce about old memories and will also help in the process of knowing what you MUST keep and what you can live without.
Downsizing can be sad, but remember, it is the start of a new and exciting journey!!