Introducing our “Parker Realty Thank You Contest” which we are excited to announce for our 25thAnniversary. List or Buy through CB Parker Realty and obtain a ballot to win $25k! Place a mortgage with our inhouse mortgage provider TMG and get another ballot! Thank you to our many loyal clients and those new ones we have yet to meet!
Official Contest Rules
2023 Draw for $25,000 (the “Contest”)
This contest is open to Canadian residents only (except Quebec) and is governed by Canadian law.
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (except Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry and who (at the time of entry), except employees or agents (and their spouses) of Parker Realty Ltd. or Lori MacDonald, (or her spouse). (Lori MacDonald is collectively with Parker Realty Ltd., the "Sponsor").
2. Contest Entry Requirements: You can enter the contest once per category in the following categories: (1) purchase a property in Prince Edward Island, using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent; (2) list a property for sale in Prince Edward Island, using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent; (3) submit a five hundred (500) word (or more) essay describing why Parker Realty Ltd. is the best real estate agency in Prince Edward Island. Note: Essay not to have repeated words. An agreement to take a listing is at the sole discretion of Parker Realty Ltd. No purchase necessary.
3. Contest Entry Period: Contest Entry Period begins on January 1, 2023 at 12:00 am Atlantic Time (AT) and ends on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 pm AT (the "Contest Entry Period").
- How to Enter:
- sell or list or renew a property listing in Prince Edward Island using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent during the Contest Entry Period and for a minimum of six (6) months and receive a ballot. The withdrawal of a listing prior to the expiry date shall result in the removal of the vendor’s ballot;
b. purchase a property (accepted firm offer) in Prince Edward Island using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent during the Contest Entry Period and receive a ballot;
c. obtain an approved mortgage from Lori MacDonald (Parker Realty Ltd Client) during the Contest Entry Period and receive a ballot; or
d. send a five hundred (500) word (or more) essay to Parker Realty Ltd. at the civic address listed below describing why Parker Realty Ltd. is the best real estate agency in Prince Edward Island (the “Essay”) and send it, along with your first name, last name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and age (the “Essay Entry”). Your Essay must be in accordance with the specific requirements listed below and should depict, describe and/or discuss why Parker Realty Ltd. is the best real estate agency in Prince Edward Island (the "Theme"). Note: Essay must not contain repeated words. There is a limit of one (1) Essay Entry per household (civic address).
- There is a limit of one (1) Entry per property listing or property purchase or property number permitted during the Contest Entry Period. For greater certainty, persons purchasing or selling a property together will not receive one Entry each, but rather will receive one Entry between or among them. Further, an Entry will be based on a listing and not per property; therefore, if multiple lots are listed together for sale, the sale will result in one (1) Entry per 5 lots. (Note: Notwithstanding the foregoing persons offering a home for sale on a subdivision lot currently listed with Parker Realty shall receive a further ballot.)
- Your Essay Entry must be an original Essay. Entries will be rejected if: (a) the information listed in paragraph 4(d) is not complete or included; and/or (b) if the Essay does not conform to the specific requirements listed below. Parker Realty Ltd. is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that the entry complies with all conditions stated in these rules. Parker Realty Ltd. will bear no legal liability regarding the use of the entry or the Essay Entry and Parker Realty Ltd. shall be held harmless by you in the event it is subsequently discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of the rules.
- Entry Requirements: Each submitted Essay must never have been previously exhibited publicly outside of this Contest or selected as a winner in any other contest. To be eligible for entry in this Contest, an entry you submit must meet the following specific requirements:
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules (the "Rules") and by the interpretation of these Rules by Parker Realty Ltd., and further warrants and represents that each Essay he/she submits:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Essay to enter the Contest;
ii. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
iii. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
iv. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
v. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic); conduct or other activities in violation of these rules; commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Parker Realty Ltd.; any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, other than those of Parker Realty Ltd.
Any Essay that is deemed appropriate may be posted on the website of Parker Realty Ltd.
By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant:
(i) grants to Parker Realty Ltd., in perpetuity, a non-exclusive right and license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Essay, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason, and without any compensation from Parker Realty;
(ii) waives all rights in and to his/her Essay in favour of Parker Realty Ltd.; and
(iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Parker Realty Ltd. from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, Parker Realty Ltd. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Essay, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Essay, if a complaint is received with respect to the Essay, or for any other reason.
- Grand Prize: There will be one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of $25,000 Cash.
- Selection Process: The draw date will be within 30 days of contest closure. The Grand Prize selected entrant will be contacted by email or phone. If you have not been contacted by this date, you may assume that you are not the Grand Prize selected entrant.
Before being declared the winner, the Grand Prize selected entrant must sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification a declaration and release prepared by Parker Realty Ltd., which, among other things:
(i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules;
(ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded and correctly answers, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical-skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time; and
(iii) releases Parker Realty Ltd. from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Grand Prize selected entrant's participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof.
If the Grand Prize selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by phone or email within three (3) attempts or three (3) business days of the contest closure (whichever occurs first); (ii) there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; or (iii) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will forfeit their opportunity to be the Grand Prize winner and another entry will be selected.
8. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received.
9. General Conditions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to the use of his/her Essay, along with his/her name, address or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by Parker Realty Ltd. in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet.
Parker Realty Ltd. will not be liable for any failure of any entry to be received.
Parker Realty Ltd. reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.